Simply Awesome!




A TAPPED TELEPHONE CONVERSATION...

Knott : Who's calling? 

Watt : -Watt. 

Knott : -What is your name, please? 

Watt : -Watt's my name. 

Knott : -That's what I asked you. 

-What's your name? 

Watt : -That's what I told you. 

Watt's my name. 

A long pause, and then from Watt, 

Watt : -Is this James Brown? 

Knott : -No, this is Knott. 

Watt : -Please tell me your name. 

Knott : -Will Knott. 

Watt : -Why not? 

Knott : -Huh? What do you mean why not? 

Watt : -Yeah! Why won't you tell me your name? 

Knott : -But I told you my name! 

Watt : -Didn't you say you will not? 

Knott : -Not not, knott, Will Knott! 

Watt : -That's what I mean. 

Knott : -So you know my name. 

Watt : -Of course not! 

Knott : -Good. So now, what is yours? 

Watt : -Watt. Yours? 

Knott : -Your name! 

Watt : -Watt's my name. 

Knott : -How the hell do I know? I am asking you! 

Watt : -Look I have been very patient and I have told you my 
name and you have not even told me yours yet. 

Knott : -You have been patient, what about me? I have told you 
my name so many times and it is you who have not told me yours yet. 

Watt : -Of course not! 

Knott : -See, you even know my name! 

Watt : -Of course not! 

Knott : -Then why do you keep saying of course Knott? 

Watt : -Because I don't... 

[Pause] 

Knott : -What is your name? 

Watt : -See, you know my name! 

Knott : -Of course not! 

Watt : -Then why do you keep asking Watt is your name? 

Knott : -To find out your name! 

Watt : -But you already know it! 

Knott : -What? 

Watt : -See, and you know mine! 

Knott : -Of course not! 

Knott : -Listen, listen, wait; if I asked you what your name 
is, what will be your answer? 

Watt : -Watt's my name. 

Knott : -No, no, give me only one word. 

Watt : -Watt 

Knott : -Your name! 

Watt : -Right! 

(pause before it hits him] 

Knott : -Oh, Wright! 

Watt : -Yeah! 

Knott : -So why didn't you say it before? 

Watt : -I told you so many times! 

Knott : -You never said Wright before 

Watt : -Of course I did. 

Knott : -Ok I won't argue any more. 

-Do you know my name? 

Watt : -I do not. 

Knott : -Well, there you go, now we know each other's name. 

Watt : -I do not! 

Knott : -Good! 

[pause before it hits him] 

Watt : -Oh, Guud! 

Knott : -Good. 

Watt : -No wonder, it took me so long, is that Dutch? 

Knott : -No, it's Knott! 

Watt : -Oh, okay. At least the names are clear now Guud. 

Knott : -Yes Wright.

  
Person who tapped phone commits suicide.

--END--

No comments